Sir Snackalot (Big Fat Liar)

Welcome to Sir Snackalot. It is my intention to talk about issues which interest fat people or formerly (temporarily thinner?) fat people.

Nothing is off limits, for most of us it is a day to day battle, come read and share and lets all enrich our lives.



Saturday, May 16, 2009

Big fat Liar

I am a fat man. I was 321 pounds, now I'm closer to 230 pounds, but I'm still fat and will always feel that way. I was a fat baby, a fat teen and a fat adult. I spent my life denying I was fat. I always looked at my big arms and chest and told myself i was strong. My huge calves (they supported 300 + pounds , of course they were strong) were a pride. It took my highly elevated blood pressure for me to wake up and smell the pasta, bread, potatoes. I wanted to live longer for my kids and so i lost weight.

Was it easy? No. Is it temporary? Who knows? It is a day to day battle. I avoid Starbucks on the way home, so i am not tempted by a Foo Foo Drink. If there are donuts at work, I stare at them all day or break a piece off and rationalize that I ate only half. If there is food around, I want to eat it. So I leave almonds and apples at work, in order to not eat crap.

I was big fat liar, I thought I was fit, of course I was not. My health has been impacted and I had to change. Many of you out there have the same issue. It is tough and I am sure many of you are sad, depressed and in need of change. Feel free to post or offer one and other advice. This is not a place to be judgmental. it is a place for fat, formerly fat, temporarily non fat folks to help one and other and maybe just to rant about the day to day issues we face. We are allowed to be big and fat, let's just not be big fat liars!

10 comments:

  1. your so skinny!! wow how do you do it? Please tell us more about your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I have the same problem. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I'm still on the journey to getting thinner, so will be good to read from someone else who's going through the same thing! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, happy to see you here. Keep working I bet you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir - your journey is similar to so many others. Healthy snacks actually give you more energy, but until you get used to them - the carb filled snacks seem to SCREAM out my name! I think there is a point where the body figures out that you are trying to change and it either rejects your attempts or it kicks in and says "Hell Yes - let's get ur done".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, i was just tempted and I had a homemade fruit smoothie, hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear sirsnackalot, I find that I will do so well, hit a big milestone and then throw it all to ^%$& and sabotage myself...Then I get mad because I have to start all over again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the info and positive vibes......am a Damesnackalot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog, sir.
    Here's a product you might enjoy and that we can all identify with!
    https://store.theonion.com/i-wish-somebody-would-do-something-about-how-fat-i-am-p-79.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fine product of American technical innovation!
    http://www.theonion.com/content/video/new_wearable_feedbags_let

    ReplyDelete